HR Employee Relations Advisor
We have an exciting role available within our HR Team in Birmingham. Highways England are a large complex organisation with diverse business needs which presents a unique opportunity for an Employee Relations specialist to be involved in wide-ranging issues. You will have the chance to manage a variety of different Employee Relations issues with individual needs across a variety of business areas and regions. In this role, you will also support managers across the business in developing, documenting and communicating proposed solutions or disciplinary action in cases of employee relations issues. You need to demonstrate excellent communication and collaborations skills to work closely with HR Business Partners to provide functional and advisory support across core HR and ER.
This role is a 12month fixed term contract to be based in a our central
What you'll be leading on
* Escalate issues or complex Core HR and ER queries to other areas of HR or suppliers and vendors as appropriate
* Management of probation dismissals
* Provide functional and advisory support across Core HR and ER
* Actively monitor and identify opportunities for improvement across HR processes
* Develop communications materials and guidance to support the delivery of Core HR and ER services, ensuring alignment to the People Strategy
To be successful
* CIPD level 7 qualified or studying towards becoming qualified
* Generalist HR experience and with a specialist interest in complex casework and employee relations
* Knowledge of governance guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements and ability to communicate advice and guidance effectively
* Experience of working in a customer focused environment
* Evidence of ability to have high attention to detail and working with high volume
A bit about us
Our role in Human Resources is to support, develop and nurture our people so that we can all achieve our full potential. By providing our people with the right skills and knowledge we are enabling the business to meet the daily demands we face supporting delivery of our corporate plan and connecting the country. We champion our values of safety, integrity, passion, ownership and teamwork.
Want to know more?
Please click here for the job description
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.